Benefits of Water Softeners
What do you know about having a water softener? Are water softeners necessary? Have you ever considered the hard or soft nature of your home’s water? Most of us know the benefits of having a water filter, but water softener benefits are not widely understood. Softer water may seem necessary to some. To others, it may seem like a luxury.
Consider these questions:
- Do you have scaling on your bathroom tiles that is difficult to clean?
- Do you seem to be using increasing amounts of shampoo, detergent and other cleaning products?
- Does your water pressure seem to be a little low?
- Are your clothes not as bright as when you first bought them?
If you answered YES to any of the questions, a water softener would provide the results you need. Water softeners are multi-functioning systems able to solve a variety of issues caused by the hardness of your water. The systems treat water at the place of entry to the home, so only the home’s water is treated.
Hard Water Defined
The term “hard water” refers to the hard water minerals that interfere with normal activities. According to a U.S. Geological Survey, more than 85 percent of the United States geography has hard water. Calcium and magnesium, hard water minerals, interfere with the effectiveness of soaps and detergents. They also build up in pipes and wreak havoc on your home’s plumbing. A water softener removes calcium and magnesium ions and replaces them with sodium ions. The amount of sodium added to “softened water” is very small when considering your daily sodium intake. Read more about exactly how water softeners work.
Water Softener Benefits
There are several benefits to having a water softener system. While the softeners may seem frivolous to some, water softening systems actually make great investments!
- Hair and Skin Looks & Feels Better
- No more chemicals means smoother and softer skin and hair.
- Soap washes completely from hair and skin.
- Cleaner Brighter Laundry: Keep your white clothes bright.
- Cleaner Bathrooms, Less Labor: Shinier mirror and tiles.
- Save On Plumbing Maintenance
- Preserve the life of all water appliances such as coffee machines, ice-makers, dishwashers, water heaters and laundry equipment.
- Use less soap and shampoo because of the rich lather softened water and soap produces.
- Save money on monthly energy costs and damages to appliances.
- Maintain the warranty status on tank-less water heaters and most dishwashers.
- Reduce Hot Water Energy
- Reduced water usage.
- Save money on monthly energy costs.
- Water Taste Better: Save money spent on bottled water.
Look at your potential savings:
Understand the benefits and get started with a water treatment expert today!
Choosing the Right Water Softener
When selecting a water softener the first thing to determine is if you have hard water. Secondly, identify how much water your household uses. There are different sizes of water softeners and you’ll want to install a system that has the right capacity for your household.
Finally, compare the cost, system efficiency and equipment features. You may want the Mercedes of water softeners, but your budget may be better suited for the Kia. Financing options are available from most water treatment companies. The system you select is an investment in your home’s value. Investigate equipment features such as timers, indicators and automatic regeneration. For example, a water softener from Hague uses up to 80% less water and can take up to 80% less time to regenerate due to the efficiency of the unit’s regeneration cycle. All of these factors affect the time and resources needed to maintain and operate the softening system. Identify additional considerations for systems that remove chlorine, iron and sediment based upon the quality of your home’s water.
Water softener benefits are numerous. Now that you have a better understanding of water softening, it’s time to test your water and find a water softener that’s right for you!